Welcome to the first installment of what I’m calling the Apple Series, where I’ll be trying out several apple-based recipes for the fall. This first recipe is Apple Crisp. This was my first time making apple crisp and I have to say, I think it turned out pretty great. The recipe that I used, I found on Pinterest.
What you’ll need:
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- 3-4 medium to large apples
- lemon juice
- vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel the apples and cut them into thin slices and place into a baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the following ingredients:
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into small chunks
- dash of salt
- In a small sized bowl combine 3 Tbsp of melted butter and 2 Tbsp of flour. Once this is blended, add in 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 3 Tbsp milk, and ½ tsp vanilla extract. Stir well. Once stirred, add a dash of salt, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, and ¼ cup brown sugar.
- Pour this mixture over the apples and toss to mix them so that the mixture evenly coats the apple slices.
- Take the crumb topping out of the refrigerator and evenly sprinkle it over the apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top is set and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for ten minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream (optional) and enjoy.
Are there any apple recipes you love to make?